GUYS WE’RE DOING A THING. We’re excited to announce Story Club Magazine’s first annual Story of the Year Contest!
Here’s how it works – the editors picked five stories that were our favorites of the year. These are stories that each showcase the visceral, open nature of live lit and demonstrate how the art of performance is pushing creative nonfiction in exciting new directions.
So who wins? It’s up to you. You read, you vote, you decide.
Voting takes place now through Thursday, 1/5 at noon. We’ll publish the results on Friday, 1/6, in lieu of a Story of the Week. Winner gets $100 and single-handedly saves 2016.
The nominees are:
- Lifed: Past Tense, Present Continuous – by Shay DeGrandis
- Khaligat – by Allison Williams
- Best Love in the World – by Arch Jamjun
- Good Girls Are – by Britt Julious
- Burn Shit/Dance a Lot – by C. Russell Price
Voting is now closed! And the winner is…
Good Girls Are by Britt Julious! Congrats to Britt and thanks to the 750 people who voted!